The Truly Abigail Family

7.10.2009

July Fever

Sitting on the trampoline, watching fireworks, walking dogs in the hot, hot heat, swimming, playing volleyball, writing, seeing friends. These are all things I do in July. I love July because there's nothing that has to do with school all month! It's the hottest month of the summer, and it's the most fun, too!

Nothing beats July. It's not my all-time favorite month, but it's one of my favorites. I love to swim, go on vacation, (I'm in Oregon right now, woo hoo!) and hang out with friends.

I think I have July fever. I don't know why, it just is. I think it's the fireworks that keeps me high-spirited. As my friends, Ashley, Blake, and I were talking about our 4th of July, I spoke up about different types of fireworks. One was called the Blue Orchid, (I know, I know, fireworks have sucky names) and my family pretended it was the Timberline High School Firework. When we lit it up, NOTHING HAPPENED.

"NOOOOO!" I yelled. "TIMBERLINE IS NOT NOTHING. IT IS THE GREATEST SCHOOL EVER!!!" OK, so I know that's weird to say, but oh well.

My 4th of July was lazy. We sat around all day, and then when our neighbors the Peays came over for a BBQ, we weren't lazy anymore. We ate burgers and drank soda, and talked about life. Then, we opened our big box of fireworks and started lighting them up with a candle lighter. My brother Tanner lit them up.

Again, I think I have July fever. I hope you do, too, because JULY FEVER IS GOOD! See you later, y'all!

No comments: