The Truly Abigail Family

6.27.2009

Summer Update

Summer has been awesome. I've gotten to go to a couple basketball camps, and a volleyball camp. Next week I'll be going to a writing camp at the Botanical Garden. There, you can admire the flowers and learn a lot about them! Our stories will be inspired by nature, as they say it.



Right now I'm in Utah with my family. We're taking over my dad's parent's three-storey house while they're away trying to sell a property. I found a cool discovery while here. The story: There's this little hiking trail behind my grandma's yard. I was just hiking for fun, and then...a MULE DEER ran out of nowhere. I, Super Abby, am an animal lover, so I waved to it. It was only 5 feet away. The mule deer wasn't scared, surprisingly. Soon, it just walked off. I hope I can see a mule deer again.



Also, my sister, Meredith, joined us for lunch (it was the day after her birthday. Happy 22nd birthday! I said that already to you, Meredith, didn't I?). Anyway, when she was leaving, she found a PORCUPINE right at her car's wheel. It walked through the yard and hid behind my grandpa's shed. My mom brought it back out (not with her hands of course. OUCH, that would hurt!). She just started walking towards it and the porcupine came out the other side of the shed. It was cute! My mom thought it had escaped from the zoo.



"No, mom, wildlife can live near houses," I laughed. Mom shrugged. I think she still believes it escaped from the zoo.



We got a volleyball net yesterday at Big 5 Sports. It's a HUGE net. We played this morning, but it was burning hot, so we stopped after a while. We're going to bring it home on Sunday. So, friends who want to play volleyball, you can come to my house!!! Our ball is flat, though. Thorns got into it. We're going to buy a new one soon. Technical difficulties with volleyball, people.

HAPPY SUMMER!

P.S. I'm not going to put polls on my posts anymore. A poll will be on the sidebar of my blog every other week. Remember, if you go to a January post, you'll see that the theme for this year is polls! Love y'all!

2 comments:

Madison Kate said...

Abby! Ta=hat sounds fun! So, yyou are still in Utah, right?
I went to the JONAS BROTHERS CONCERT! (I don't want to brag.)

IT WAS SO COOL! If you want more details, e-mail me...please.
:)
HAPPY SUMMER!
-MADDIE

puggypoo said...

hi abby lol i love mule deers and porcupines! if u wanna chat email me love yall
:D :D :O :D :D :) :D :D :( :D :D

-KAMI