The Truly Abigail Family

8.21.2009

Cousin Brady's Wedding


















































































Blog Buzz #6
Cousin Brady's Wedding
Two or three weekends ago we went to my cousin Brady's wedding. He married a girl named Samantha Pickup. My brothers kept teasing about her last name.
The wedding was nice, but only my parents went because the kids couldn't go inside where they got married. It's called the Mormon Temple. There are over 100 Mormon Temples in the world, and there are about 10 in construction. You have to have gone on what is a mission and/or gotten married in the Mormon Temple to go in. So, the kids went when the wedding ended. We waited for them to come out of the dressing rooms on the west side of the temple. They took a while (no offense, Brady and Sammy) and when they came out, everyone was taking pictures and cheering.
The day before had been our family reunion. All the Cliffords (my mom's side of the family) met up at Sugarhouse Park, which is REALLY close to my Grandma's house, where we stayed. We had potato sack races, and then the rest was talking and eating fancy deli sandwiches. I found a HUGE field past one of the playgrounds and started to run around. I think it was a field for dogs, though, because I saw lots of owners playing fetch with their dogs. My brothers didn't seem to notice, so they played catch with the football over at the field.
After Sugarhouse Park, my whole family except me went to dinner at a Brazilian restaurant. The way they described the restaurant when they got home sounded gross. They talked all about fried bananas and weird meat. I was glad I had lasagna and spaghetti for dinner. That's what my grandma always makes for me when I eat dinner at her house. I love it. She's the nicest!
We also watched The Soloist while my family was at dinner. Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr. play in a movie about a homeless cellist (Jamie Foxx) who has this weird disease where he hears voices in his head that he doesn't understand. So, whenever he wants to perform on stage with his cello, he gets stagefright. It was hard to follow, but I think I got it pretty well. Robert Downey Jr. plays as a news reporter who decides to write about this weird guy. Then they become best friends and the rest is history...bla bla bla.
We went to Thanksgiving Point for the wedding reception the evening the wedding had happened. A girl was taking pictures of families, and when the picture printed out of the camera (it was an old Polaroid camera) it had a sticky thing on the back. You just peeled it off and pasted the picture to the paper. Then you wrote your note to Brady and Sammy.
Then we all stood in a line in the Rose Garden, waiting to greet the bride, groom, parents, and bridesmaids. My cousins, Kate, Emily, and Reagan were the bridesmaids, and another girl from Sammy's side.
We then gave Uncle Chris his Utah sticker back. When we had gone to lunch after the wedding, before my Uncle Chris and Aunt Mary came out from the restaurant, I stole the University of Utah magnet that stuck to their car. My cousin Brad plays football there, and my brother Parker plays football at BYU, so we're BYU fans. University of Utah and BYU are mortal enemies, so we like to steal stuff from them, and they like to steal stuff from us.
After a long night at the reception, we watched Brady and Sammy go off in Sammy's car to a hotel. The next day they would go to Hawaii, only Sammy didn't know that. The small blue car was covered in shaving cream that said words like, Just Married and hearts were all over it. We watched and waved as they left for the hotel.
The next day, Sunday, we went to my Nani's church (my mom's mom's church). Pretty much the whole family came. We then went to my Aunt Kathleen's for a yummy lunch. There were brotts, which are little hot dogs, but are WAY better than hot dogs. I also had chips, water, chicken, rice, and some cakes for dessert. It was my Aunt Kim's birthday, too, so we also had a birthday cake. It was the greatest lunch ever!!!
Then, we drove home. I said goodbye to Parker and Meredith and climbed in the car. Madison got to go home with us! He's still here, and WILL be here until next Wednesday. It was another great vacation to Utah!
P.S. I also put on pictures of what the car looks like from the crash. It was at the auto body shop when I took the pictures. It wasn't THAT wrecked, but it could've hurt us!








2 comments:

Madison Kate said...

HI! That's a great post!

puggypoo said...

Hi abby my mom got in a crash too i poste dit on my blog ;D lol well ttyl ily (as a friend) lol bye