The Truly Abigail Family

8.13.2009

Mom's Car...

...is ruined. It was in the middle of a car crash. My mom was driving me to the water park from speech therapy (I can't say my S's right) and there was traffic on the road. My mom halted to a stop behind a car. Then, an old lady was flying in her car and crashed right into my mom's car. Then our car flew and crashed into the car in front of us. For some reason, the air bags didn't come out. Once the paramedics came, they told us to get out of the car because the air bags could set off any second. I had to carry most of mom's stuff while she filled out this big paper that asked about the accident; police's rules.

The battery acid was leaking and it smelled nasty, and it made my stomach hurt and made me want to puke. Once my brothers came to pick us up, I climbed in the Land Cruiser to get away from the stench. It was hot in the car, but at least it didn't smell bad.

I was surprised my mom didn't cry when she saw her little, gold Passat being towed (she's an emotional woman). She just said softly, "Poor little Passat." I was actually kind of happy, because I've never really liked that Passat. One door was broken, there were no cupholders, and the handle part of the door always separated from the door itself whenever you opened it. So, I guess you could call it a REALLY used car.

The paramedics checked on us by asking if any of our body parts were sore. My mom's back hurt a little. She'd hurt it in another car accident when she was 14 or so. Soon, the pain traveled to her head. I don't know how it is now. I'll bet she's OK.

I was fine. I felt a little dizzy, but other than that, I was OK. Right when I got home I sent an e-mail to almost everyone in my contacts about the accident. I felt like I deserved some sympathy. I got what I needed. Pretty much EVERYONE whom I'd e-mailed replied back asking if I was OK or how I crashed.

We ended up not going to the water park. We're going to tomorrow, as long as it doesn't rain. I'm good with it, though. I've already gone once.

Well, it's almost 2:30 AM here. I should get some sleep. Good night, sleep well, eat right, be strong, grow tall.

P.S. Crafty Abby didn't work out so well, so I changed the blog to Abby's Stories. Every week there will be a new story! If I can make the time, I will put on two stories a week!!! It is still the same URL, though, so you don't have to worry about writing down a new site address.
http://www.craftyabz.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Madison Kate said...

ltSounds like that was a bad crash!
Is your mom better?

Abigail Mangum said...

Yep, she's fine.

Meredith said...

Abby darling, as scary as the car accident was, your version of this story is quite comical. I am sitting here at work and totally busting out laughing... loudly.

"Poor little passat." :) Hilarious!

And just as I was about to put a piece of licorice in my mouth, I read, "eat right."

Licorice, back in bag.

puggypoo said...

awww abby are u ok is your mom ok? lol meredith!

p.s check out me posts on my blog if u forgot it here it is
http:\\www.puggypoo.blogspot.com