The Truly Abigail Family

9.20.2008

It's Almost Halloween!

Hi again! I just wanted to let everyone know Halloween is close! It may be September, but the smell of October is already here! Everyone knows what October means: Halloween! Everyone loves a good creepy fright once in a while. Today there was a huge storm here in Boise. My friend was scared that the lightning would come close to our houses and set them on fire. I told her not to worry and that the lightning is high up in the mountains. She was still scared. Bravery Abby can never be stopped! I turned on my extreme powers and gave it another try. "If you think the storm's gonna hit our houses, you're thinking wrong, my friend," I told my friend named Kami. She gets a little scared sometimes. She's not used to storms. There was also a fire right up the hill from her house about three weeks ago. Actually four or five. Kami gets frightened easily (no offense, Kami). But if there was a fire right above your house and luckily your house didn't get hit by the fire, I would be scared, too. It takes time to realize you're safe and that the fire happened on accident. It's difficult to explain that to Kami, but pretty soon she'll understand the concept of not having to be scared. I've been scared plenty times in my life, but soon I get used to the fact that fires rarely hit a beautiful neighborhood about five minutes away from the airport. The airport in Boise is nothing near the mountains. Anyway, being scared is normal, but soon you're going to have to get used to it. Scary movies will creep you out, and having your house set on fire is scary too, but where I live, I'm safe and I don't need to be as scared. Halloween is just trying to scare you so you can be scared at least once. It's just like any other holiday, but darker and it involves dead bodies. I learned Halloween is a holiday for the dead; dead people who suffered. Halloween may be a time where you fill your bag full of goodies. It also may be a time where you wear scary costumes and go around door to door saying, "Trick-or-treat!" (By the way, the whole joke is, "Trick-or-treat! Smell my feet! Give me something good to eat! If you don't, I don't care. I'll pull down your underwear." :D) But that's not the real reason. It's for dead people who suffered. (Like I said) And besides, people come first before treats and goodies. Work on thinking about this! Study this! (If you don't like studying, then don't follow what I just said) Get your scaries on! (Follow what I just said there)

No comments: