The Truly Abigail Family

4.18.2009

A New Friend a.k.a. 4-Year-Old

My good friend Madison Morris came over to my house yesterday. She and I love to jump on the trampoline (except Cooper keeps chewing holes in the rubber). We did that yesterday and we saw a four-year-old jumping on her trampoline just across from us. A sidewalk divides that little girl's house and my house from each other. She had to yell at us to talk to us.

"What are your names?" the little girl called.

"I'm Maddie, and this is Abby next to me," Madison replied.

After a few minutes of jumping, the little girl called, "Let's play princesses!" She pointed at Maddie. "You be Cinderella, and you talk to someone and then they become Cinderella!"

Maddie did what she was told. She talked to me. I became Cinderella. Then, I talked to the little girl. When she became Cinderella, she told us to spin around and say, "Cinderella Princess! Cinderella Princess!" We did what we were told, and we were completely embarrassed.

Maddie had to go check the time, and she told me to come with her, so we told the little girl, "We'll be right back, OK?" The little girl had me stay. She shook her head and pointed at me. "Stay here, Abby!" she demanded.

"We'll be right back, OK?" I said. "We promise we'll come back." The girl just shook her head and pointed at the trampoline. "Stay with me!"

I assured the little girl we'd be back, and then we went inside to check the time. We came back out, and the little girl was mad at us. We started jumping again.

A few minutes later, my mom came to the gate and said, "Maddie, your mom wants you home. You're late for your brother's baseball game." We told the little girl we had to go to a dinner especially for princesses. I think the little girl believed us...

1 comment:

Madison Kate said...

Abby,
I so agree! It was embarassing!
Especialy in front of the boy who lived their,Conner, He is like a teenager. But at least he played along with us. He didn't get mad when we were like "We have to go to a dinner for princesses."
So, next time we jump on the trampoline. Hope fully she won't be their the next time. Because all those people were walking on the side walk!