The Truly Abigail Family

3.03.2010

The New Place



Me watching American Idol and being lazy



The kitchen! Our place is still messy, so don't be freaked out.

Cooper's enjoying the new house. He has to smell everything.



More of The King of Cutie Pies



There are still a ton of boxes to be unpacked.




The house itself!!! Beautiful. :)
Like any family moving, settling in completely takes a least a month. With our progress so far, we're sure it'll take us that long, too. We love the new place, though. It already feels like home, even if there are new sounds and new smells. Tanner and I are still trying to get used to the fact that there are no stairs. I guess it'll take a little while to sink in.
I took Cooper on a walk yesterday to explore the neighborhood. There are a lot of ponds. Too many, in fact. Ducks and geese are walking around everywhere, which makes it difficult to keep Cooper by my side. There are two schools across the street from each other. One is called Galileo Math and Science, while the other school is called North Star Charter. Driving to school every morning is a pain with the School Zone lights slowing us down.
We live across the street from a fire station. Mom's glad that we have a place to go if there's an emergency, but it could get noisy at night. We haven't heard anything yet, though.
Tanner and I still go to school in Boise. At the 4th quarter, Tanner will go to the high school, but I'll keep going to my elementary school because I love my friends! Everyone in my family has been trying to convince me to go to an elementary school here in Eagle, but I can't say good-bye to my friends just yet.
Going to the new ward was very strange, but also relieving when my Sunday School teacher found me and took me to the class. The classes separated by age, and the one I went to was an 11-12 year old class. They're all really nice, but they're are in 6th grade so I won't exactly see them when I enter middle school. All the 5th graders are ten, so I guess I'm going to have to wait awhile. The primary is huge though. There have to be at least 50 kids.
Life here in Eagle is going to be okay, I can assure that.



3 comments:

Meredith said...

I love this post! Thank you for the pictures and your cute descriptions of how you are getting used to the house!

I can't wait to see it! I am DEFINITELY coming home April 9th, but still undecided about March 12th... if my girlfriends go to Vegas, I will come home!

Otherwise, I will be seeing you and the fam in SLC on March 18th for Brad's wedding!

I love you!

puggypoo said...

I'm happy for you abby but i'm also sad :( i would move to eagle if i could ( my parents even talked about it! ) But, my dad has done to much to the yard and everything :( i'll me you so much! but you can see me on my birthday, playdates, sleepovers, ( if your mom agrees )AND CERTIANLY my pool party this year! I'm so sad though i've known you to long DONT LEAVE ME! :O :{

Maddie said...

Abby, I'm sad you are leaving our school. But I am so happy for you that your home already feels like home :) I'm happy you are enjoying eagle. Will I get to see you? I hope so! I think I have an idea where you live. Since I live in Eagle part time, I know it. And I know where the fire stations are. Let me know how it's going for you!