The Truly Abigail Family

3.04.2009

The Future

I closed my laptop last night when I shut it down, and today when I was going to check e-mail and read blogs, I found a few books on top of my laptop (my mom acts like my laptop isn't even there, so she puts stuff on it). One was a small playbill. A playbill is a little book that tells information about plays.

On one page it showed a picture of girl who looked about 24 years old. It showed more pictures of her below acting in plays. The article said she probably got more parts in a Broadway play than anyone else in the country. It really amazed me; this 24-year-old acting in major New York Broadway shows. It made me think about the future. I started asking myself questions: If I become an author, will I become famous and be in magazines that show information about authors who have had tons of books published? Or will I just be a best-seller for one single book, and then everyone forgets about me a month later?

But I don't need to worry. I have lots of years. I have plenty of time. Why am I even worrying about this stuff? Gosh, I have a brain that likes to plan ahead, don't I? It's good to plan ahead, but why 12 years before? But it's how I am. A ten-year-old who likes to plan ahead, loves animals, and loves to write. I could write on the computer all day if I could. And now, it's time for a poll.

Question: Would you rather be famous in New York or California (my answer would be California. You probably know about the post about East and West)?

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Don't stop dreaming my lovely little one!!! Don't stop! Dream now so that when the time comes, you can make the appropriate steps to follow that dream.

I get to see you in less than 48 hours! How beautiful is that?!

I love you! Can't wait to hug you so tight!

Madison Kate said...

Hi Abby!
My answer for the poll is California because alot of movie stars are there and LA is a little smaller than NY but it doesn't have crancky people in it.
So check out my blog! K?
-Maddie

Abigail Mangum said...

I'm NEVER, EVER going to stop dreaming of becoming a writer. I am going to become one, yes I will!

Madison Kate said...

Abby! Check my blog there is another quiz to do!