The Truly Abigail Family

3.08.2009

I Saw...

Les Miserables, the play based on a novel by Victor Hugo, a French novelist and poet. He wrote a poem my GATE teacher LOVES: Wings. Here's how it goes (Mrs. Lundbohm, my GATE teacher, told the whole class to write it down):

Wings
Be like the bird, who
Halting in flight,
On limb too slight,
Feels it give way beneath him,
Yet sings,
Knowing he hath wings.
It IS powerful poem, I must say. And yet this French man can write a story that is made into Broadway plays all over the world. Amazing. I will never stop dreaming the dream of becoming a writer. Never...ever.
I hated the first part of the play, but it got better at the second part. The family rated, and I gave it a C. The play started at 7:30 pm, and my mom assumed it would end at 9:30, but it ended up concluding at 11:00. We were POOPED when we got home.
Victor, I must find the book. My mom said she read it, and I want to as well, even though it's a book for adults. This is my letter to you.

1 comment:

Madison Kate said...

Abby,
I can already tell you are going to be a great famous writer! You already write really great posts.
Writing posts is like writing about your life. It can also be kind of like practice for your writing for books.
I can tell you love writing so much!
If you do make a book, I will go buy the first day it comes out!