The Truly Abigail Family

5.18.2010

An Art Piece

Day 17


Google is currently holding their annual drawing contest, where kids from kindergarten to twelfth grade draw the logo with a message that said, "If I could do anything with the world, I would...". Some drawings were absolutely spectacular, like the one above. A fifth grader drew this picture, and it talked about how there could be a bridge of harmony between nature and mankind and how their large differences could come together. This one was my favorite of the age group; who knew someone my age could draw like that?

I didn't enter this contest, for I am not an artist. I probably wouldn't even make the top 10,000 out of the 30,000 who entered. Although I can tell that I have largely improved in art, I know that I will never be one of the best. I have a friend named Tykena who stuns me with her artwork. She has some of the best drawings I could ever see. She is by far the best artist in the class, next to a boy named Ben. She inspires me with how she draws, and I hope to have artwork just like her pretty soon. I can tell she got her genes from her father. I met him one day, and he has an artistic mind. He shows his talent in his drawings that he showed us; he even customizes shirts with his artwork and gets paid to do so! Although I am certain that I won't become an artist, for I live to write stories, I hope to improve as I am inspired by my artistic friends.

To see the top 40 kids in the drawing contest, go to www.google.com and the homepage should have a link that leads you to the drawings. Happy looking, readers!

♥ Abigail ♥

No comments: